Did you know that you can send and receive many Ethereum based tokens directly from Brave Browser? Let’s see how to use Brave’s integrated wallet, one of the most useful features of Brave! In case you want to know how to earn more BAT, check out this guide that I made :).
First of all, let’s quickly recap what a token is and why it is different from a cryptocurrency. A token is a digital asset that can hold value and be sent and received while using an already existing blockchain to get transferred. For example, Basic Attention Token is based on the Ethereum’s blockchain. In fact, that is the reason why it’s called an ERC-20 token. These kinds of tokens can interact very easily with each other and can be collected in the same wallet connected to the Ethereum Network. This is the reason why you can use Brave’s integrated wallet for a lot of tokens!
How to configure Brave’s integrated wallet
- In order to use your brand new wallet, you will have to open Brave Browser and click on the menu button on the top right section of the screen.
- On the menu that will show up click on Crypto Wallets
- After the wallets page loads up, click on the “Create” button in the “New Local Wallet” section.
- Now create a new password that you must remember in order to use Brave’s integrated wallet. In fact, if you lose it you will never be able to access your wallet again.
- After you have chosen the password, you will see a page where a Secret Backup Phrase will be shown to you. This phrase is used in case you want to restore your wallet from another device or software. It’s extremely important that you write the phrase on a piece of paper and store it in a secure location. After you wrote down the phrase click on “Next”.
- You will now be asked to confirm your Secret Backup Phrase, so fill the field with the words that Brave just gave you in the previous page. When you have finished, click on “Confirm”
Great! You are now the owner of an Ethereum wallet where you can store all your tokens. Now it’s time to learn how to use your new wallet.
In case you want to add a token to your dashboard, simply press “Add Token” and search for the token that you want to add.
How to use your wallet
Let’s see how you can use every feature of your new Brave’s integrated wallet!
How to receive tokens in your wallet
Sending funds to your wallet is extremely easy, just follow these steps. We are going to use Uphold as our “sender” wallet.
- On your wallet’s dashboard, click on details. You will see a QR Code and a text code, these codes represent your wallet address, that is the address that you need to insert when sending your tokens from another wallet. Copy the text code.
- Open Uphold, select the card that you want to use to transfer your token from (IT HAS TO BE AN ETHEREUM BASED TOKEN). Now click on “use funds” and eventually click on “send to cryptocurrency or utility token”. Now select the token that you want to use from the list that will show up.
- In order to transfer coins from Uphold to your Brave’s wallet, you will have to insert the code into the Recipient’s address section of your Uphold wallet. This process can be slightly different depending on your wallet’s UI.
- After you inserted your address, check that the address matches the one you found on your Brave’s integrated wallet.
- Choose the number of tokens that you want to transfer and if you want to, insert a message.
- Click “Confirm” to start the transaction! In case you enabled the 2 factors authentication, you will have to insert your verification code
Great! You just funded your Brave’s integrated wallet. Let’s now see how to transfer your funds out of it.
How to send tokens from your wallet
It’s really easy to send digital assets from your wallet, just follow these steps:
- Go to your wallet’s Dashboard
- From the token list select the one that you want to transfer.
- Click on “send”
- In the “Send Tokens” window paste the address of the wallet where you want your funds to go
- Select the asset that you want to send, the amount and the transaction fee. A transaction fee is a small commission that you have to pay to the Ethereum network in order to send tokens. The higher is the transaction fee, the faster the transaction will be.
- Click on “Next”
- In the following page, check that the address and the amount transferred are correct and click “confirm” to start the transaction.
Good job! You just sent your tokens to another wallet. I hope you find this guide useful. If so, consider leaving a tip to help me pay for the hosting :). See you in the next post!