Although Brave does a great job blocking ads and trackers, some websites like Reddit and Twitter have custom ads that are difficult to detect. Also, a lot of websites have a lot of annoying popups that will show up every page you visit. But don’t worry! There is a very easy way to hide those elements. Let’s see how to hide ads and popups on Brave! In case you want to learn how to get paid to watch ads, read this article I wrote about the topic.
How to hide Reddit ads on Brave
Removing annoying Reddit ads on Brave is easy, just follow these steps.
- First of all, you will have to visit reddit.com and scroll until you find an ad.
2. Now right-click on the ad and click on “Brave”->”Block element via selector”. You should now see a popup like this:
3. Inside the text field, type “.promotedlink” and click “OK”
Good job! You just blocked every ad on Reddit. In case you want to know how to hide ads and popups on Brave for other websites, keep scrolling!
How to hide ads on Twitter with Brave
In case you want to block promoted posts on twitter, Brave helps you with its filter! Let’s see how to use it in these steps.
1. Visit twitter.com and scroll until you find an ad
2. Right-click on the ad and on the menu that will show up click on “Brave”->”Block element via selector”. A popup like this should show up
3. Delete everything inside the text field and paste “div[data-testid=”placementTracking”] > article” inside it. Then click “OK”.
Great! You just blocked every twitter ad. Now let’s see how to block ads and popups on every other website.
Get rid of popups from every website on Brave
Popups are always annoying. They often pop up while you are reading and it can be very stressful to close them every time. In order to hide a popup forever, you will have to use Brave Browser. Let’s hide those popups, just follow these steps:
1. Find a popup that you want to block, then right-click over it and click on “Inspect”, a code editor will show up. Don’t worry if you have never seen one in your life. It will look like this:
You will have to copy the CSS selector of the popup. In order to do so, right-click on the popup again and click on “Inspect” again. Then, right-click the highlighted blue part of the code editor and select “Copy”->”CSS selector”
After you copied the selector, right-click on the popup and click on “Brave”->”Block element via selector”. A popup like this should show up
Now paste the selector that you just copied and click “OK”. Great! That popup is gone forever.
Thank you for reading this guide, I hope you found it useful. In case you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. In case you want to help me to pay for the hosting you can tip my website with some BAT by following this guide. Have a nice day!