So after you read my article on how to earn bat you earned a good amount of tokens, that are now waiting to get spent. In order to convert your BAT to cash, you will have to take a few simple steps. First of all, you have to know that at the moment the only way to convert your tokens into cash is via Uphold. It’s a wallet that supports many cryptocurrencies, tokens and fiat currencies. I already wrote a quick guide on how to sign up on Uphold in the final part of this post, but I’ll report it here for better clarity.
Signing up to Uphold
- Go to https://uphold.com/signup.
- Enter a valid email address and a password, you must also specify your country and your State/Province.
- After accepting the terms of service, you will receive an email from Uphold that will ask you for confirmation.
- Open the mail and click on Tap to Verify.
- A browser tab should pop up. Insert your full legal name, your date of birth and your phone number to continue.
- At this point, you should verify your identity by following Uphold’s instructions. You can skip this option for now, but you must verify your identity in order to receive tokens from Brave Rewards and convert BAT to cash.
Now that you are signed up, you should see a dashboard similar to this one. I censored sensible data for obvious reasons.
Withdrawing your BAT from our Brave wallet and getting cash
At this point, in order to convert BAT to cash, we must withdraw our funds from our Brave wallet. To do so follow these instructions
- Click on the BAT icon (a triangle) on the Brave’s search bar.
- Press rewards settings
- Click on withdraw funds
- At this point, an uphold tab should open up on your browser, log in to your account and authorize Brave if you haven’t done it yet.
- After you logged in, you should see a card called “Brave Browser”, with the amount of BAT that you earned.
- If you want to convert BAT to cash you have to click “send to bank account” and eventually select the bank account where you want to deposit your cash. In case you never added a bank account to Uphold, press “add a bank account” and insert the information required.
- If you prefer to convert it in other digital assets, then press “send to cryptocurrency or utility token” and choose the asset that you prefer. At this point follow Uphold’s instructions and enjoy your digital goods!
So this is my little guide on how to convert BAT to cash, as you can see it’s pretty simple! I hope you found this article useful. If so consider tipping my website to help me pay for the hosting and domain :). See you in the next post!